Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Sad Ghost Of What Once Was

I just wrote this amazing blog post about all of the wonderful wedding things we've done in the past week or so, and it all just got deleted. So I'm going to give a quick recap, as my heart is a little bit broken.

1) We booked our DJ! Yay! We Skyped with John from Music Speaks Volumes, and were totally sold. All of the reviews online give the company 5 out of 5 stars and he was super nice. Downside, the photobooth was booked. But we booked with him anyway, and now my crazy DJ-less wedding nightmares have ended.

2) Aprill and I went out to find a bridesmaid dress we had seen online, and instead settled on something completely different. The Bridal Gallery by Yvonne didn't have the Bari Jay dress we were looking for, but when Aprill tried on a different dress by the same designer, I was blown away. All of the ladies will look gorgeous in it and I think they're all pleased that I've finally come to a decision.

3) Mike and I had our engagement photos taken today by Amy Hedges. She's fantastic. My friend Lisa tipped me off to her work and I am eternally grateful. Amy has taken some beautiful pictures in the Empire State Plaza here in Albany, and I decided that's where I wanted our pictures taken. Unfortunately it was so damn cold outside. We opted for fashion over function and didn't bundle up well enough. She had us in some great poses, but even moving around, we couldn't feel our toes after an hour. Highlight, though, is that we got in some shots with our Harry Potter wands. And we got Mike into a pair of ice skates for the first time in his life. He is truly wonderful.

So I'm sad you all missed out on my witty and creative previous blog post, but there will be time for more of that in the future. I leave you all with a picture that sums up who will be making the rest of my wedding decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Shelby! It was great working with you both today and I'm very excited for your wedding day!
    Amy Hedges

    ReplyDelete