Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Two New Members to the Family

Well, we're 8 days into the new year and already I have updates on all three things mentioned in my introductory post. Let's start with the most exciting news...CATS! Yesterday afternoon my fiance Mike's aunt and uncle dropped off two cats for us to adopt. The cats had previously belonged to their daughter whom could no longer take care of them in her current living situation. So we reaped the benefits!
Above is Saber. He's kind of a lazy butt, but he's a great cuddler. So soft. He looks just like a cat my parents and I had when I was little.

And this darling is Diamond. She's a cutie and very active. When we take the laser pointer out, she goes CRAZY! With her coloring, she blends right into the rug.

Mike, who had never had a cat growing up, was hesitant about adopting one cat, much less two. I had a cat when we met, but my poor kitty passed away in October and hadn't really been a prime example of normalcy. So I think that he was on the fence about them until the first one purred in his arms. And then he was theirs. Now he just needs to learn how to sleep with cats walking all over the bed.

Second piece of exciting news, I lost 3 pounds! It's not much, but I have been ultra vigilant with my protein intake and drinking lots of water. And as my BFF Kristin says, this means I've accomplished 10% of my goal. So yay! I haven't done any exercising yet. I'd love to be able to run, but it's dark in the morning when I get up, and it's dark when I get home, and I just can't seem to drag myself to a gym that will be crowded with new-year-resolutioners, like me. I'll keep on with the dieting and see how far it takes me.

Third piece of news isn't really exciting, but worth mentioning; I went to a wedding show at the hotel we're getting married at. The plan was to go in, sample some food (and wedding cake), speak to some DJ's, and hopefully come out with some idea of what we want. Well, we definitely ate some food. The hotel had a sampling of all the food that will be available at the weddings there (aka ours), so we were able to confirm that there will be some kick-ass food at this shindig. As for the DJ portion, it was a bit overwhelming. A lot of people trying to sell you a lot of things.

We're getting married in September, which apparently is the new August, and everyone is booking up fast. So the pressure is on. I work very well under pressure. Unfortunately I'm also a Class 1 procrastinator, and I had hoped to get the DJ booked two months ago, around the same time that we booked our photographer. I always had an excuse not to. So now is really the time to book some one, but there were just so many people there and it was so loud and I just wanted to crawl into my coat and pretend that we have 13 months until the wedding rather than just under 9. We ended up making a Sykpe appointment with a DJ who includes music, lighting, and a photobooth. We (I) really want a photobooth. But I'm also freaked out about not seeing a these DJ's in actions. What if they play sucky music? What if they talk waaaay too much? What if they don't play our correct wedding song and introduce us as Matthew and Shelia? Ahhh!!! And these are the nightmares I have.

Taking a step back, I do realize that while these are legitimate concerns, they're not the most important things I can worry about. I'm all about online reviews, so I'll do my research and see what the masses have to say. Right now I want to focus on fun stuff, normal life and wedding life alike. I've already had a mini feakout over the guest list (How did a list of 150 end up over 170?), so relaxing seems like a good option. Time for some cat therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment